Today was the start of my short break from midterms and papers. I sat in a hot tub for a while tonight and contemplated life and I think I am finally ready to reflect back on my previous blog. However, that will have to happen tomorrow as I really above all else need sleep tonight so that is what I am going to do.
Life is still outstanding. I had an awesome road trip up to Edmonton with my sister this past weekend. She went to a CLBI reunion and I chilled out with Maia, Tang, Heather, Jen, Kristen, and Jordan from my NBC summer coaching stint. In the words of Tang it was GLORIOUS. Four of them were playing that weekend so it was fun to see them square off. It was also rejuvenating to just spend time with them. To be reminded of the things one can take for granted in friendship when you see the person everyday. When you have little time with people you make the best of if. You don't worry about small talk you get right down to the business to the essence of the person and their life and that is what I love. Besides the fact that the girls were more then gracious hosts for me considering how busy they were.
I also got the chance to catch up with Larry and Cathy which was outstanding. There are some people in life that you can go for months without talking to and when you interact again it is like a day hasn’t gone by. This is what our relationship is like. I always feel at home when I am around them. Almost like the world stops for a moment or two.
I also got to go to their church the next morning with Carolyn which was stellar. When we went up for communion we had both checked the box on the communion card that says “Wants home visit from Pastor”. I think Larry will appreciate this when he gets them this week.
On the way home I got the chance to catch up with Karla in Camrose and see Sarah’s new home. Both stops were really way too short but I loved getting to see them both even if it was for a short period of time.
Karla is an awesome person that I am glad to call a friend. We coach in the summer at NBC and have always tried to keep up during the year. It was a bitter sweet visit as I found out her brother has leukemia. He is doing well considering and is a fighter but that is not something one wishes to hear from anyone.
Sarah’s house is amazingly organized. While she may not think so…she is outstanding when it comes to things like this. I saw the house only a day after the moving was done and you would have never known. She did have a lot of help but seriously I need to take some organizational tips from her.
Until tomorrow…Good morning, Good afternoon, and Good night!
Skakes
Life is still outstanding. I had an awesome road trip up to Edmonton with my sister this past weekend. She went to a CLBI reunion and I chilled out with Maia, Tang, Heather, Jen, Kristen, and Jordan from my NBC summer coaching stint. In the words of Tang it was GLORIOUS. Four of them were playing that weekend so it was fun to see them square off. It was also rejuvenating to just spend time with them. To be reminded of the things one can take for granted in friendship when you see the person everyday. When you have little time with people you make the best of if. You don't worry about small talk you get right down to the business to the essence of the person and their life and that is what I love. Besides the fact that the girls were more then gracious hosts for me considering how busy they were.
I also got the chance to catch up with Larry and Cathy which was outstanding. There are some people in life that you can go for months without talking to and when you interact again it is like a day hasn’t gone by. This is what our relationship is like. I always feel at home when I am around them. Almost like the world stops for a moment or two.
I also got to go to their church the next morning with Carolyn which was stellar. When we went up for communion we had both checked the box on the communion card that says “Wants home visit from Pastor”. I think Larry will appreciate this when he gets them this week.
On the way home I got the chance to catch up with Karla in Camrose and see Sarah’s new home. Both stops were really way too short but I loved getting to see them both even if it was for a short period of time.
Karla is an awesome person that I am glad to call a friend. We coach in the summer at NBC and have always tried to keep up during the year. It was a bitter sweet visit as I found out her brother has leukemia. He is doing well considering and is a fighter but that is not something one wishes to hear from anyone.
Sarah’s house is amazingly organized. While she may not think so…she is outstanding when it comes to things like this. I saw the house only a day after the moving was done and you would have never known. She did have a lot of help but seriously I need to take some organizational tips from her.
Until tomorrow…Good morning, Good afternoon, and Good night!
Skakes
2 comments:
The visit was far too short, wasn't it? Thanks for the organizing compliment though ;)
Hey Lindz
You and I need to get together and have a talk about life in ministry. Seeing as we seem to be heading in roughly the same direction these days.
Luc
Post a Comment