
The latest release from Thrice has been on my iPod play list since it landed in my mail box a few weeks ago. They put together a really amazing concept disk with the release of The Alchemy Index: Vol. 1 – Fire/ Vol. 2 – Water. The writing is outstanding and the music is haunting and emotionally charged. I can’t wait for Thrice to lay down the rest of the project and release the last 2 disks of The Alchemy Index Air and Earth.
My Grandmother went into hospital Friday. As of yet they aren’t too sure when she will be let out. They also really haven’t figured out how to properly manage her pain or where the source of her internal bleeding is. My Grandma has to be the strongest person I know. The pain she is in could bring most men to tears yet she goes on as if nothing happens. It never ceases to amaze me. This situation is becoming continually taxing on my family mainly my Grandpa, my mom, and her 2 sisters. Please pray for peace, healing, strength, and relief from pain.
My Grandmother went into hospital Friday. As of yet they aren’t too sure when she will be let out. They also really haven’t figured out how to properly manage her pain or where the source of her internal bleeding is. My Grandma has to be the strongest person I know. The pain she is in could bring most men to tears yet she goes on as if nothing happens. It never ceases to amaze me. This situation is becoming continually taxing on my family mainly my Grandpa, my mom, and her 2 sisters. Please pray for peace, healing, strength, and relief from pain.
As patient as I am…it is beginning to wear down. At times all I can do is hold my breath in hopes that the action will prevent me from saying or doing what I am thinking. I hate being placed in this position. It’s not like I have any other choice. Believe me…I have thought through all the other options and none of them create a better situation for the rest of the people in my life. If I wasn’t so convicted I could quite easily solve this problem selfishly and create a much better reality for myself. However, due to my convictions this reality will always be mine to bear for better or worse. I have to live the reality I am in…it is inescapable. It may be nice to think of what things would be like if things were different, if the events of the last 7 years would have never transpired...
The truth of the reality only hits harder after the fact. I am sick and tired of being an adult...but I have no choice but to be one.
Romans 12 -The Message
Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Martin Luther 1483-1546
“Behold, Lord, an empty vessel that needs to be filled. My Lord, fill it. I am weak in the faith; strengthen thou me. I am called in love; warm me and make me fervent that my love may go out to my neighbor. I do not have a strong and firm faith; at times I doubt and am unable to trust thee altogether. O lord, help me. Strengthen my faith and trust in thee. In thee I have sealed the treasures of all I have. I am poor; thou art rich and didst come to be merciful to the poor. I am a sinner; thou art upright. With me there is an abundance of sin; in thee is the fullness of righteousness. Therefore, I will remain with thee of whom I can receive but to whom I may not give. Amen”
Skakes
Romans 12 -The Message
Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Martin Luther 1483-1546
“Behold, Lord, an empty vessel that needs to be filled. My Lord, fill it. I am weak in the faith; strengthen thou me. I am called in love; warm me and make me fervent that my love may go out to my neighbor. I do not have a strong and firm faith; at times I doubt and am unable to trust thee altogether. O lord, help me. Strengthen my faith and trust in thee. In thee I have sealed the treasures of all I have. I am poor; thou art rich and didst come to be merciful to the poor. I am a sinner; thou art upright. With me there is an abundance of sin; in thee is the fullness of righteousness. Therefore, I will remain with thee of whom I can receive but to whom I may not give. Amen”
Skakes
1 comment:
"The truth of the reality only hits harder after the fact. I am sick and tired of being an adult...but I have no choice but to be one."
But ... you do have the choice of what kind of adult you will be...
Praying that God give you and your family His peace, as you have prayed for my family,
mark.
Post a Comment