Tuesday, April 15, 2008

all...most...there...


It snowed today...which ruined my 2 week run of wearing shorts. However, at least the end of term is in striking distance. I only had 3 classes this term which made my academic load lighter then usual. My intro to Christianity course rocked which I attribute solely to the professor. If it wasn’t for him it would have been quite tempting to skip the class as most of the info was in the text. Surprisingly for a survey course a lot of the presented material seemed to find its way back to Martin Luther (or at least the professor found ways for it to do so). This made my life a lot easier as I pretty much had the Lutheran thing down pat before class even began. I finished my final for the class last week so I have been missing it as of lately when doing some of my other readings.

My other two classes are still going. Hinduism was a more challenging course then I had bargained for. It’s a lot of terminology memorization which I normally would not mind it’s just that it’s all in Sanskrit and Hindi. While the terminology was less then easy the course had a redeeming quality...once again another great professor. He was pretty open minded when it came to writing our term papers so I was able to pursue the Hindu diaspora in western Canada over the last 100 years. My final for the class is on the 17th so that is next on my radar.

The final class I had for the term was the critical study of religions. It was based solely on writing assignments and analysis which I really enjoyed. It was a very open class in that as long as it was approached in a scholarly method you could choose to do your assignments and final research project on a verity of topics. My final project for the class is on the Latter Day Saints 1978 revelation in regards to the acceptance of African Americans males into the Melchizedek priesthood and the possible influence of the civil rights culture of the era. So far the research is going well and I am excited that the paper is starting to pull together (which is good as it is due on the 23rd and is my last dead line!). While my paper has yet to be written its abstract was accepted to the annual University of Lethbridge religious studies conference in May. So I am looking forward to that.
Now that school is almost done for the term I will be blogging more often.
Skakes

No comments: