Saturday, July 19, 2008

where has my summer gone?




Life seems to be moving at a break neck pace for me lately. I find myself asking on a semi daily basis “Where did summer go?” I have yet to really find a whole lot of answers to that question. However, I do know that my religious studies seminar in North American Religions will be over next week (one paper and a final exam left!) and before I know it I will be off to Olds to once again coach at NBC camps (for the majority of Aug). Between finishing my class and going to Olds I will have a quick visit with some epic friends from Edmonton (Maia and Irene), get caught up with a few friends here, take a fast trip northward to Edmonton, and then possibly get some reading done. I have managed to accumulate a vast library of books this summer. I’m a sucker when it comes to bargain sales at chapters and dove. As of right now my stack of unread books stand 35 high (not counting books or reading material people have given me on loan). While I have accumulated the majority of these books over the last year and a half it is still quite the number of books for one to have in their unread possession. I think I will try to pick a top five and stick with it. So I am counting on you the reader to keep me accountable!

1. Father Joe – Toney Hendra
2. The Weight of Glory – C.S. Lewis
3. Who Can You Trust? – Howard E. Butt, Jr.
4. The Irresistible Revolution – Shane Claiborne
5. Lamb – Christopher Moore

Skakes – Found this on a blog I was reading that a friend sent me. I really enjoyed it so I wanted to pass it on.

“Though it comes from the section of the Anglican Prayer Book for use by someone who is sick, it is a great prayer for anyone, anytime.


This is another day, O Lord. I know not what it will bring forth, but make me ready, Lord, for whatever it may be. If I am to stand up, help me to stand bravely. If I am to sit still, help me to sit quietly. If I am to lie low, help me to do it patiently. And if I am to do nothing, let me do it gallantly. Make these words more than words, and give me the Spirit of Jesus. Amen.”

No comments: