Anyway…so in a moment of weakness I signed up for the U of L’s womens spring league. So from now until the end of term I will be playing ball Tuesday and Thursday nights. I joined mainly to get in shape because I am really out of shape. Ok so I look like I may be in shape but really cardiovascular wise I am worse then an asthmatic. Tonight was the 1st night and I was really under whelmed with the whole situation. It is totally unfair. Donna Branch in her ultimate wisdom has allowed an “All Horns” team to play by themselves this year as apposed to being separated up between the other teams. This just makes the league a little less fair (but whatever when I get in a bit more shape I will rep well against them). The other problem is that it is supposed to be a 12 and up league with only a few exceptional players playing up. The problem is that Donna, again in her ultimate wisdom, has allowed a team of 7 of the girls I just finished coaching to be in my league on a team to themselves. There are only 2 girls on the team that are in grade 12 and one of the two has a chance of doing anything in the league. The team will get the crap kicked out of them every week. They will be obliterated beyond anything they could comprehend at the moment. It will aid them in realizing that playing in our deep south league is a major step back from basketball in southern Alberta. The girls I was playing with tonight from LCI aka the 4 A wonder (grade 11-12) will make the girls I coached look like a band of well trained ECS kids. I think a few of them may cry at some point after league play. I feel bad but they have to learn some how and they sure as heck didn’t listen to Pat or I when we said it was a horrible idea.
Monday was momentous to say the least so I will just leave a picture as evidence as it is not really my news to spread and I am sure people would rather hear it from the person then from me anyway.
Relient K’s new CD is OUTSTANDING! Please check out “Five score and seven years ago” its amazing. On the other had Switchfoot’s new album is a regression to say the least. I think if it was there first it would be ok…but after “Beautiful Letdown” and “Nothing is sound” this new album just sounds like they were trying to make cash off of their last albums break out performance. And what makes it even worse is that they use faith/ Christianity/ Jesus to try to make their fast cash. At least that is the only reason I can think of for such a bad follow up to a super strong album such as “nothing is sound”.
Wednesday I will have to start working on my Molecular Genetics paper…which I have been avoiding. I don't have scientific paper writing skills. My writing style as glorious lab Mike commented is “too flowery and not concise enough…sentences need to be just to the point. Without a lot of description. If scientist wanted to read descriptive flowery sentences they would go get a fiction book from the library”. So I have some trepidation in regard to this paper. I have chosen to do mRNA editing and the HIV disease. I have 8 papers to read for info which I hope I can extract and put into my own words with out loosing its correctness. The only good thing is that it is due the day bubbles is coming home and when I hand it in I will have nothing to study for but finals which are at the end of the exam period anyway so I will have adequate time with her.
That’s all for now … I think I will go to bed. I hurt all over.
Skakes - Unconditional love and I have a love hate relationship at the moment.
3 comments:
cool....we're studying HIV and mRNA editing in virology right now. trust me, it's way more interesting when the prof has an accent ;)
hope the paper goes well - if you need more info, i can probably find some on the course webpage, so let me know.
and i hope you can find some school love...
I should comment on the whole thing. I'll just say that I'm in a similar spot -- trying to change my attitude towards school before I explode.
Or impldode.
BUT I REALLY WANTED TO REJOICE BECAUSE BUBBLES IS COMING HOME BEFORE I GO HOME TO BC!!!
WAHOOO!!!!
Your right, Guys and girls do have similar struggles. However there are some major differences. Like how the Guy is the one who is expected to put his heart on the line and try and initiate anything. So reading the Girls is even more important.
Post a Comment