Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Every morning is Easter morning

Ev'ry morning is Easter morning from now on! Ev'ry day's resurrection day, the past is over and gone!

1.Good-bye guilt, good-bye fear, good riddance! Hello, Lord, Hello, sun!I am one of the Easter People! My new life has begun!

2.Daily news is so bad it seems the Good News seldom gets heard.Get it straight from the Easter People! God's in charge spread the word!

3.Yesterday I was bored and lonely; But today look and see!I belong to the Easter People! Life's exciting to me!

Ev'ry morning is Easter morning from now on! Ev'ry day's resurrection day, the past is over and gone! Ev'ry morning is Easter morning, Ev'ry morning is Easter morning, Ev'ry morning is Easter morning, Frommm nowww onnn!
I sang this once at a chruch ... I still dont know what to think...or rather how to put it nicely in to words.
Skakes

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm....that IS interesting. the principle behind the song is a good one, but the song itself...i'm not sure how i feel about "Easter people".

Erin said...

Come in, come in a sit down, you are a part of the family...
:-)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you've started blogging again! I'm still getting used to finding you here ...

I have to disagree with the "Easter morning" thing as I'm reminded of one of my favorite articles from one of my fav youth ministry sites - I used it for devotions at Board of Ed a few months ago and everyone kind of stared at me because it wasn't the "God/life is great" perfect Christian devotion, but maybe you'll find it relevant.

"In Good Friday we have a God who understands pain. In Easter we have the completion of that pain. We have the bigger picture. The day when all is made right in the world again. Justice has been finally served. God has the last word. God has scored the final victory.
But we don't live on Good Friday nor do we live on Easter. We are living on Easter Saturday and for the most part we see things through a glass darkly. We know the hope of things to come but in the meantime, God is an invisible God using mysterious ways to reach His people. Ways I don't understand all the time. Ways that leave me stumbling for answers when I get asked the hard questions like why does God not answer my prayers? Why is God silent? Why is God hidden? Why is God unfair?"


whole thing here - http://www.wildfrontier.org/eastersaturday.htm

markh

melanieonline said...

Holy Easter Batman! I love it! I think this should be our theme song. OK- have a grrreeaaat day.

plugin said...

well, this post of yours was put on here a long time ago, but I was Google searching this song and your post popped up.

what to think about this song?

my Lutheran church growing up sang this every Easter. It is one of those songs you get stuck in your head for ages...I will never forget it. I used to laugh about this song with my brother and we could barely contain ourselves as we sang it.

But then, this last year my jr. high youth director passed away after a year of battling cancer and having a stroke.

At her funeral we sang this song. For the first time in my life I came to appreciate the full meaning of this song and the real joy it expresses. It may not be the hippest song, but it carries with it the essential message of Easter Sunday. We live in the light of Jesus' resurrection, that hope, that JOY. Even in this present darkness we can cling not to Jesus on this earth, but to the hope of resurrection and restoration by and through his Spirit's power.

Happy Easter! Xristos anestos! Boldog husvet! Joyeux pascal!

Blessings to you.